Thursday, February 5, 2009

White Lie

Do you believe in white lie? Could you lie to make someone happy? Or you a straight forward type? Black or white type? If someone asks you a question, and you know that your answer is going to hurt his or her feeling, do you lie to them? Or do you say the true even though you know that you are going to hurt their feeling?
I have a cute online friend whom I enjoy sharing story together. Lately it was became a little bit too far between us. When I asked him if he has a lot of online friends like me, he said that he used to, but not anymore since he knew me. I was like, yeah right. Deep inside my heart I knew that was a bunch of lies. But it doesn’t matter. At that time, I was happy to hear his answer. And even if he is in fact lying to me, I considered it as a white lie. He did it just to make me feel good, and it worked.
My girlfriend such a sweet talker. One day in a party, we met a friend who totally had a messed up style. Her nail polish was way too ’business girl’ look and her clothes was way over the top of fake designer’s stuff. Totally messed up. I was nearly chocked when said hello to her and really tried hard not to laughed at her. But my girlfriend, such a nice talker, said; ’Omigosh, you are so beautiful…where did you got your nail polish from? Such a beautiful color’. I was like, come on! But the girl bought that and kept smiling all night long. She acted like she owned the night, isn’t it good for her? Can you imagine, if someone told her the truth? She’d probably ended up went home in tears. Well, I would if I were her.
Last week, my man and I were invited to a friend’s birthday party. When I got dressed, I asked him which dress should I wore that night, the blue or the green one? He said, it didn’t matter because both are look perfect on me. I was like, of course! I knew that I was not perfect on both, no one would. But his answer still made me feel good. And he just made my night.
So, if you lie to make someone happy, does God consider it as a sin or the other way? Is there any white lie or lie is simply just a lie?
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment