Thursday, February 5, 2009

Slave Of Modernization

What were we doing before mobile phone even exist? How do we communicate with our love ones when our jobs forced us to mobile? Are we in the era where people so depends on gadgets, such as mobile phone, computer, and stuffs?
I have three mobile phones. Well, I used to have four but as I wrote before, I lost one of them at Changi airport Singapore on my last trip there (don’t even ask, it’s a long story). But yeah, I have three mobile phones, one for my personal matter, one for my business, and one was for nothing since I got this phone for free from one of my Credit Card’s company, so why not? And I am a mobile person, so I really do need this gadget.
Last week, I dropped my O2 Xda phone (I told you that I am a clumsy girl, aren’t I?) and this thing suddenly went bonkers. I could not make any calls, but still good on text. Since I got two other phones, I was kind of let it laid for a while. I was like, I will put it in to a service center as soon as I got time. Then, out of sudden my man lost his phone at work so that he needs a phone to use temporarily until he got time to have a look and buy a new one. Of course, I lend him one of mine, still got one working phone on me, right?
Wrong. Yesterday morning, I charged my Motorola V3 before I left home. This cute little thing did not response. I wasn’t really sure it was the charger or the phone was broken, but since the phone still work properly, so I supposed it might be the charger. I still can use this thing until yesterday afternoon when the battery went off. No choice, I have to put my mobile phones in to the service immediately. But they need two working days to fix them. So, here I am, so get used to my mobiles that I always call as my LSS (Life Supporting System), but have to let them go for a couple of days. How could I?
Well, first day successfully passed. Actually, I was kind of like it. Not too good on my business side though, since I could not contacted my broker at stock market to found out about my shares, but look at the bright side of it, Indonesian stock exchange’s index actually went down more that 3% today but I did not know anything about it and can still enjoy my day! And look at another bright side of it, normally if I was not at home, my man always call to check on me. You know, where am I, who I’m with, what time will I be home, those kind of things, but now he could not tracked me down. A-ha!
So, am I a slave of modernization or I am just a normal person who follows the world? What were we doing before mobile phones came to our life? Even if I was okay on my first day without my mobiles, but still, can not wait for tomorrow so I can pick up my phones from the service center!
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment