Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Pursuit of Happiness

How do you divine happiness? A lot of money, great husband and kids, beautiful house, successful business or just simply doing whatever you like in the world? Every human being have their own opinion, for sure. One of my best friend has everything that every women want in their life. A rich husband who own a successful business, great big mansion, fancy car, everything, just name it! But she wasn’t even wait for one year to made a big decision to left her so called happy life and now married her childhood sweetheart and live as a housewife in a small simple house. Is she happy with her life now? Only God knows. But at least this is what she wants and she never regrets anything.
I sometimes called myself lucky in life and in love. Everything just seems to come to what I want and what I plan. But am I happy? Well, to be honest is I don’t even know what is the meaning of happiness. I know that I got almost everything I want in my life but as a human being I always feel something missing and I don’t even know what it was.
My other best friend has a beautiful body that every women can wish for. Even if she is not a size zero type of girl, but she is so womanly shape and sexy. But she is so obsessed with big boobs and planning of getting a boobs job while everyone envy her body shape. In the other hand, I never think that big boobs is sexy. I even said to my friends that I am quiet happy with my flat chest so that I can wear as low cut dress as I want without looking trashy. But I am so obsessed with big butt like J-Lo has. So I always said that if one day I decided to do a plastic surgery, it will be probably a butt implant.
I read in a cheesy woman’s book that happiness is in our mind not in our heart. You can be happy if you think that you are happy. I was a little bit skeptical when I read that book at first but after a while I realized that it was probably true. Your brain control everything in your body, right? And it’s including your feeling. When I am feeling blue, I sometimes just ignore it and keep on my positive thinking that it was nothing. When my friend upset because a guy did not return her call, I always said that she has nothing to be upset about because that guy is the one who loose not her. And you know what? It works. She started to smiles and forget all about that.
So, in my pursuing of happiness I found that there is no certain rules about the definition of happiness. You can say that you are happy while people think that you are a loser. You can be happy when people think that you have nothing to be proud of, or you can be happy while people think that you are an idiot. It is only a matter of thinking.
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment