Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Love You Just The Way You Are

Don’t go trying some new fashions
Don’t change the color of your hair
You always have my unspoken passions
I love you just the way you are
(I Love You Just The Way You Are - Billy Joel)

One of my girlfriends talking about getting a boobs job and her husband tried to stop her from doing it because he said he love her just the way she is. I was nearly choked of laughed when I heard that. Come on man, you really think that we are going to stop doing something that we wanted just because you said that? Not in a million times! What about our own opinion? Our own standard? Our own desire? Oh yes, we do have them all. And believe it or not, everything is not always about you, guys.
Couple weeks ago, I was feeling heavier than normal so I decided to loose a couple pounds of my weight. And my beloved man said that I did not need to since he thought I was perfect the way I was and he loves me just the way I am. Well, thank you Darling, but did it stop me from doing my diet? Nope. I have my own standard of looking good and when I want to look good, it is not because I want to look good for him, but it is for my own self. That simple.
Why it’s so hard for guys to believe that we (read : girls) also have our own desire. Is that because of men’s ego makes them thinking that everything we have done in our life has got to be something that connect to them? Well, guess what guys, so not true. When we said we want to fix a little thing that we don’t like about our self, doesn’t mean that we want to look perfect for our partner or any other guys, but we do it for our self. So this ’I Love You Just The Way You Are’ things doesn’t really works for us (sorry Billy!). We do love you guys, but everything is not always about you.
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment