Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dating With The Enemies

How many of you ever come out of your comfort zone and try something different? Here is the thing, girls normally feel comfortable in certain way and afraid to step out scared of what is going to happen out there, specially in dating world. If you feel comfortable with older guy, why try the younger one? If you feel comfortable with good guy type, why try the bad boy type? That’s what my friends always said to me. But hey, how do you know the taste if you never try, right?
So yeah, eight months ago I met a guy who was definitely not my type, a surfer. I always avoid a surfer because of many things. First of all, I hate beach. Well, I don’t hate beach, but I never find hang out on the beach is fascinating. Never. I don’t like the smell the beach, for me it’s fishy. I don’t understand why people love go to the beach, it’s hot, smelly, and too many people around. So yeah, in my mind I would never ever date a surfer. Hey, they smell like ocean water, right? Fishy? Euw! And as an OCD person, I am very sensitive with any smelly things. I can smell anything within miles and yeah, I am kind of girl who can’t tolerate anything with bad smell. So yeah, basically I don’t date surfers.
But eight months ago, when I met this guy, I was like ready to try something different in my life because he is completely different with all the guys that I have been with. Even if I had so many things that I didn’t like about his way of thinking, and so did he oppositely, I guess, but we still tried to made it happened. And guess what, despite all of those arguments between us, all of those fights, we did have a good fun when we were together. Even if we ended up not nicely but still, he filled something in my heart. And yesterday, when he called me to apologized about how did we end up last time and said that he wanted to fixed everything that happened between us before so that we can be friends again, I was like shocked. I never knew that he is actually not so bad guy after all. Even if he said something rough sometime, but that was only to shows his anger, to let them out. And it was nothing to do with him being a surfer but just pure personality issue. So yeah, I am now have a different perspective about surfers. Still, won’t date them again but I think they are cool to be friends with.
So girls, get out of your comfort zone and try something different! You might find something that you like out there, who knows?
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment