Friday, February 6, 2009

My Holiday In Goa

I don’t know if you guys ever watch a film, I can’t remember the title, but it’s about a hotline phone company that operate in America but then decided to moved their operational office to Mumbai India for efficiency reason. An American guy pointed to take control of the office and he has to reach a target while he has to adjusted himself and his way of life in America with local tradition. Meanwhile, he fall for a ‘not so attractive but smart’ Indian girl then they ended up sleeping together after a business trip to a small island somewhere in India. On the way back, he told her that the office in America wants him back to the US because he reached the target already so he will get a promotion. He asked the girl about what she thinks of moving to America with him. Shockingly, the girl said she loves it but she can’t do it because of she is engaged with an Indian guy and going to get marriage soon. This thing is already arranged by her family since she was five years old. He was like, what? Then she told him about the arranged marriage that is so common in India and she was kind of okay with that because she obviously loves her family and as an Indian, she has a faith on her own tradition. So yeah, that was pretty much of the story line. When the guy, while still amaze, asking her about what she thinks of him then? She was like, “Holiday in Goa?” Confuse? Of course, you do.
Here is the explanation. The girl then told him about her best friend, who is engaged and arranged to marry a guy that she doesn’t really love but she has to do it as an obligation to her parents and family. One month before the wedding date, she met a guy who she likes very much. So she told her parents that she was so stressed about her wedding and needed some times for herself. Her parents felt sorry and concerned about their little girl so they sent her for a three weeks holiday to Goa where she actually arranged to meet the guy that she loves. They spent three weeks together before she came back to her family and marry the guy that chose by her parents. But she is now happy that she had a beautiful time with the guy that she loves. And meanwhile the secret will always be a secret and she will always remember her holiday in Goa.
As for me, six months ago, I met a guy who I really like. But since the first time I saw him, I knew that I already have a man in my life. But because he was so irresistible then I was like, what the h*ll, why don’t I give it a try? My friends said, yeah, why not? If you never try then you won’t know the taste, right? So yeah, I saw him for a quite sometime until I got bored and realized who I really love actually. Now that I am stick with my man and leave him completely, my friends were like, “Are you broke up with him?” I was like, nope. I never consider that we are together anyway. My friends were like, “So, what did you call those things between you and him after all?” I was like, holiday in Goa?
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment