Thursday, February 5, 2009

In The Name Of Love

My friend Wina (not a real name, of course) cheated on her husband. When I asked her why, she said that she really-really in love with this new guy and she said that this new guy really brought something different in to her life, bla-bla-bla. She even think of leaving her husband for him. The only thing that stop her from doing that was a little boy that they have together. One question came up in my mind? How far someone will go in the name of love? Would they sacrifice everything that they got in life just because of a little thing called love?
When I graduated from university, my boyfriend back then proposed to me. And I turned him down, because even if I was in love with him at that moment, but I knew that I could not sacrifice what I got just because of that. I still wanted to pursued my dreams. And even if I loved him, I didn’t think that I would willing to spent the rest of my life with him. So, here I am now, got almost all of my dreams and have no regret what so ever.
When I decided to be with my man, I knew that was not just because of love. I can assure you that love was not even the first consideration back then. I am very sure that love is not something immortal. It can be faded away, and when that time come, you will look for something new out there. I chose to be with him because of the comfort feeling that he gave me all the time and all the good things in life that I learned from him that makes me believed that I could be a better person if I am with him (sounds cliché, but true though). And I never got this from anyone else before. So, when my love faded away, like couple years ago, I did look for it somewhere else, but I did not cheating on him. Well, at least not physically. Oh, no…I will not do that. Even in the name of love…specially in the name of love!
Back to my friend Wina, she is still with her husband now. But she also keep her relationship with the new guy. I feel sorry for her hubby, but one of my German friend who lives together with her boyfriend in Germany once said that if her boyfriend leaves, then maybe there is something wrong with her. That her boyfriend must find something that he wanted but he could not get it from her. Hum-mm, I don’t know about this. In my friend’s case, this is probably right. Her husband’s job makes him travels a lot and leave her and their son for months. He only comes home like every third month and stays for couple weeks and then back to work again. Like my friend said, she has her need to fulfill indeed. But can that justified her affair? Can love justified her affair?
When you decided to marry someone, isn’t it not just about love but also a commitment? If you committed to spend the rest of your life with someone, you know…the ‘till death do us part’ thing in your wedding’s vow, don’t you think that you have an honor to keep those words? And don’t you think that to keep your vow, it needs a lot more than just love? And folks, if you are cheating on your spouses, please don’t blame love for that. Because love is not that strong, but passion and temptation are. Well, at least judging by their name, they should be.
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment