Saturday, February 7, 2009

Facebook Fever

Well, well, well. Here is the thing, couple night ago when the foundation where I work as a volunteer had a Movie night, I met a girl who is the founder’s daughter. And when the night over and we were just about to go home, she was like, “Do you have a Facebook? Add me,” And yeah, of course I have got a Facebook. Who doesn’t? Well, actually I was kind of skeptical about these what so called ‘friendship network’ things before. When all of my friends talk about Friendster, I was like, nah…that was for a loner. Then when everyone moved to MySpace, I was kind of curious. To be honest with you, it was my dear old friend that was talking about this network all the time and said that if I want to see a picture of a girl that I knew for quite sometime, kissing another girl passionately while we were quite sure that she is a straight girl, then I can check on her Myspace page. So yeah, it got me and that is why I joined this network from the beginning. But after a while, I got really in to it since I can do blogging in my page and yeah, I love writing. But after two weeks joined this network, I have got four marriage proposals from all over the world. One of those was from an American soldier who is served his country in Iraq. I was kind of feel sorry for those guys. But come on, do you think that I will accept those proposals from some guys I barely even know? How pathetic can it be? But yeah, even I am not checking on my page too often, I still join the network since it was fun and I can do blogging on my page.
Then along came Facebook. The same dear old friend who asked me to join Myspace, talked to me about this network and how it was more fun then other similar networks. So yeah, he got me again. But I have a rule when I am joining any friendship networks, that is I don’t add people to be my friend. If someone adding me and I was kind of cool with them, then I will confirm them as my friends. So yeah, I have only 69 friends in this network while my other friends have like hundreds of friends. First I thought it was fun to keep in touch again with people from the past through this network. A couple weeks ago, I have got friends from Elementary School who added me as a friend, then friends from High School and University. It was cool. But lately, I was kind of annoyed with some people from the past that I don’t even remember but sending me those weird message. One of them even said, “Do you remember me? We talked once in High School?” I was like, come on. That was so sad, don’t you think so?
But different from other networks, Facebook seems to be attract more people and everyone really get in to it. I don’t understand why, maybe because it has so many cool applications? I really don’t know. And once you connect to this network, you can‘t stop. My best friend and I are barely even talk to each other anymore but sending message through Facebook. A girl I know, writing a personal message on her boyfriend’s wall almost every day when they are actually live together. We just can’t help it. But last week, when my best friend and I talked online through this network while we were in our boutiques which only separated by 2 meters alley, then I knew it’s time for us to logout. It was pathetic!
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment