Thursday, February 5, 2009

What The Worst That Could Happen?

Do you believe in superstitious things like most of Indonesian does? Normally this kind of mambo-jumbo things came from family, such as our parents or grandparents. Since my parents did not believe in such a thing, neither do I. That is why when my contractor who supposed to fix my swimming pool said that they couldn’t started work on Tuesday because it is not a good day to start working, I was confused. Later on I found out from my maid that Tuesday is a bad day to start anything, don’t ask her why since she didn’t know either but that was what her mom told her.
I was planned to go to Singapore on Wednesday last week but I couldn’t get any flight. The only flight that I could get was on Tuesday. My travel agent’s guy said, it was probably because of not a lot of people love to travel on Tuesday since that day is not a good day for traveling. Because of I don’t believe in any of those, then I took the chance and went to Singapore on Tuesday. I thought, what the worst that could happened?
I was landed on Changi Airport Singapore at 12 noon, was pissing down. The last thing that you wanted on your shopping trip is a rain. I was still thinking that was all right. It was nothing to do with today is indeed Tuesday. Was it? Arrived at my hotel at 12.30, surprised-surprised…my room was not ready yet as my man’s secretary who booked a hotel for me forgot to tell the hotel that I was arrived at 12 pm. Okay, I was still tried to think positively, it was just a coincident. So, after put all of my luggage on concierge’s desk, I was off on shopping, never mind the rain, I need to freshen up myself. Back to my hotel, my room was ready, guess what floor they gave me? Yup, 13th floor! I was like, give me a break! All night in Singapore I was barely slept. I don’t know why, but I just couldn’t get comfortable at all, even the hotel was a 5 stars one. Until my last day in Singapore the weather was still awful. At the airport on my way back home, I thought, that’s it. I’m off of this city. This was my last day here, what the worst that could happened?
Well, how about losing my mobile phone at the airport? Yup, I was too busy shopping at duty free shop and forget to pay attention on my mobile. I did checked it back to all the shops that I have been to, but nobody seen anything. Yeah, right. And that was my favorite PDA phone, my business phone. All of my business number was there. Gosh, for the first time in my life I started to gave a doubt about this Tuesday superstitious things.
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment