Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Annoying 3%

I went to buy a Blackberry phone this afternoon which cost me more than seven hundred bucks and when I handed my Credit Card which was local card, the girl in the cashier said that she had to charged me 3% of my total purchased for using my card. I was like, yeah-yeah whatever. I was so in to this new gadget so I barely even care about the cost. But on my way home, I was started to think about it and realized that that was not right. How many people do they get every day for that 3%? How do you expect people to pay seven hundred bucks or more? You expect them to pay cash? No, of course they use they Credit Card! People don’t carry that amount of money by mistake everywhere and when you said that you have to charge them like 3% for using Credit Card then they will say like, oh no…wait, I’ve got seven hundred bucks cash with me accidentally, so I pay cash instead. Not a change! If they are a gadget freak like me, they will just take it. But if they are not, you would probably ended up losing a very potential customer. Go figure!
I have a shop too and in my shop I never charged my customer with anything if they pay with Credit Card. Meanwhile, my dear friend who has a shop across the street of mine which used a blue bird with long legs as its logo still doing it and his business is actually way more successful than mine. Come on man, how pathetic it looks! Why don’t you just put your prices up by 3% then don’t charged anything to your customers? Because actually it is not about the amount of that 3%, it was probably almost nothing, but it was so annoying! And believe it or not, it shows how miserable you are as a person! And anyway, does that even legal?
A couple months ago, I was shopped at a boutique in a mall quite a bit and when I handed my Card to pay and asked if they would charged me for using my card and they were like, oh no…special for you we won’t do it. That is what I’m talking about. Even as a shop’s owner, I knew pretty sure that they gave me quite bit higher price and it would probably covered the charges already, but I don’t care and I am so coming back there again! Soon! Hey, you have to make your customer happy, right? And they did make me happy. And guys, for those who still charged their customer 3% for using Credit Cards, you can continue doing it because once a pathetic always a pathetic! Sorry…
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment