Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Toughest Decision To Make

On Wednesday last week, I have got to went back to Veterinary Clinic for my cat, Frosty. His FUS problem was getting even worse. I found him last week with his pupil as small as a stripe line after refused to eat anything for almost three days. I knew straight away there was something wrong with him so I called his Vet.
Today, I went to visit him at the clinic. He was a little bit better and his pupil back to normal. I felt sorry for him seeing all those I.V and catheter tugged in to his skinny body. And it was really broke my heart when he stood up and tried to walk toward me and my man as he probably thought that we came to picked him up and took him home. Oh…I’m sorry baby, it was not the time yet.
After finished cheer him up a little bit, we went to talked with the Vet and the news that we got made me even more miserable. The Vet asked me and my man to started thinking about the worse scenario. Since this is the sixth times he went back to the clinic so obviously this situation is stressful for him as for us. And because of the caused of the disease is still unsure yet so there is no certain treatment can be done apart from a specific diet that he has to do. But, this was not worked on him either as we tried before. So, the Vet asked us to started thinking about putting him down because we have to think about his uncomfortable situation with his bladder that always makes him dripping all over the place and how difficult for him just to do his pee but could not make it. The Vet said, maybe we have to pull him out of this misery and let him go. Or, the other thing that we can do is to do the operation to cut off his penis and make him became a female cat, but that does not make him stop dripping everywhere either and of course it’s going to make him even more miserable. A transsexual operation? I was like, no way, Jose! Not my baby!
As we went back home, my man tried to convinced me that that was probably the best thing to do considering how hard for us seeing him suffered like today. Maybe we have to let him go to a better place where he can get the cure for his condition. But, how could I? He is my baby! And isn’t it true that they said that cat has nine lives? And if this is his sixth times, he still got three other lives, isn’t he? And honestly, how could you make such a decision like that? Gosh, this is going to be the toughest decision to make for me! Help…anyone?
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment