Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Spoiled To Death

How do you show your pets that you love them? If your answer is by spoiling them, then ‘Welcome To The Club‘. I have two pets at home, one Miniature Pinscher dog and one Himalayan cat. They both are my babies and they rule the house. They got almost everything that they wanted, everything that almost killed them.
My dog is a snobby small dog who only want to eat good stuffs, such as imported milk and meats, even imported chocolate bar. I’ll tell you a funny story about my dog and M&M’s, since that is the only brand that he took. One day I changed his chocolate treats with a local brand which exactly has similar look. Did he bought that? Nope, he just sniffed them and left. My man and I even made a joke of it. If we want to know whether a certain food is good or not, we just give some to our dog and see his reaction. If he like it, then it is a good one.
Last year, for the first time I saw my dog did not want to eat his favorite food. Even if he tried to eat them but after that he was puking them back out. This situation went for three days before I took him to the Vet Clinic. Guess what? Nothing wrong with him apart from he needs to do a diet! Yup, his pancreas got a problem because of he is too fat. I actually knew that he is indeed too fat, because I read in the book that for miniature pinscher a normal body weight is 4-6 kg. And my dog’s was 8 kg. The Vet even warned me that if I want my dog to be healthy and live longer, then I have to stop spoiling him. Because what happened was, I spoiled him to death.
My cat’s case was not much different. He is a picky-picky cat and only want to eat the best cat food. He certainly knows what he wants and what he doesn’t. He even picked up his own food from the rack. Since last year, for some reasons, my cat refused to eat wet food and I just followed what he wanted. For me, as long as he eats a lot, that means that he is happy. He is indeed happy and he is also fat. For two years old cat, 7 kg body weight is too much. Just a day before new year’s eve, I noticed that my cat had a problem doing his pee. Sometimes he spent almost ten minutes in his litter box but nothing happened. So, I took him to his Vet, and guess what? Yup, he had a Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease (FLUTD) which was caused by improper diet. And most of the cat that has this problem was an obesity cat. Surprised-surprised…
When I was at the Vet’s Clinic, I was talked to a British woman who has a same cat as mine. And she said that was all my fault that my cat had a life threatening disease, because I spoiled him to death. As for her, the cat does not rule her but she rules him. The cat eats whatever she gives him and he never had any bad mood just because he does not like the food that she gives him. I was like, how did you do that? Well, she said, first of all your pets have to know who the master is. And it is you, not them! But she also said that was a little bit too late for me now, as the damages are already there.
So, here I am woke up this morning just to found that my cat having the same problem again, but this time more serious. The Vet had to put a Catheter to help him peeing. And this is something that can caused death. The Vet even asked me to be ready for the worst probability. I was literally in tears all morning. Now my cat is still not wake up from his surgery yet. I am very-very worry. God, if you are there, please help my Frosty with his condition and bring him back to me. Please…
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment