Thursday, February 5, 2009

Miserable Old B***ard!

I normally don’t read tabloid. But yesterday, while waiting for my dinner in a restaurant, I read The Communities of Indonesia as I didn’t have anything else to do and like everyone else, I hate waiting. So yeah, I read that tabloid and for some reasons, ended up on reader’s letter asking for some advices. I know what you are thinking, and I couldn’t believe myself as well. But yeah, that was what bothering me, a stupid letter from a miserable old man.
An American man who is retiring in Bali asking the editor for some advices as he is bored with his retirement life and needs something to do. You’d probably think like, what is wrong with that? I’ll tell you what, first he said that he actually has no real complaints as he has a very good life here. He and his wife have got maids, drivers, gardeners, masseuse, flower bath, meditation, etc. They go to a Club for fun, yeah, a rotary club that is. I was a little bit confuse actually, does he really need some advices or he was just simply wants to show off that he and his wife have a very good life? Well, he did admitted that they were spoilt, but still, they are bored and don’t know what to do with their life. And the worst thing is he said that they are the Baby Boomers generation and doing some charity works are not their things as they are not Mother Teresa. I was like, what???
Here’s the thing, I have many foreigner friends as I live in Bali. Most of foreigners always complain about their life in Indonesia as, for sure, the facilities are way different than in their own countries. But let me tell you something, in their countries they are nobodies but here, yeah only in our country, they can get a fancy life with their little money because of our currency is so much lower than theirs. In their country, they couldn’t get a proper job but here they have a high position, respect from other co-workers, and tons of salary just because they are foreigner. But still, they are complain about traffic jam, how stupid our people are, how dirty our country is, how corrupt our government is, one of my expatriate friend was complain to me about how stupid his maid was. And I was like, do you even have a maid back home? Beside, of course she is stupid, that’s why she became a maid. If she’s a smart girl, she’d probably working in a nice office with a corner room, don’t you think so? He was like, yeah you right. Of course I do, I know that!
Back to the miserable old man I was talking before, I was 100% with the editor, ‘get a life, you poor, sad creature!’ Seriously, that was the answer from the editor. Maybe the phrase about how human being never feel satisfy was right after all. But my advice is, please stop complaining and just enjoy your privileges while you can. You’d probably won’t get all of these in your own country so just live for it! Life is more beautiful if you just enjoy every moment of it, enjoy the ups and downs of it, enjoy every single color of it, trust me!
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment