Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sympathy For The (Red) Devil

United beat Arsenal 3-1 at the Emirates on Tuesday night to reach the Champions League final, but celebrations were soured after Darren Fletcher's red card means the Scot will miss the match. Fletcher was dismissed on 75 minutes after Italian referee Roberto Rosetti adjudged the midfielder had brought down Cesc Fabregas inside the Reds’ penalty area. TV commentators and pundits all agreed the decision was harsh, while Sir Alex said Fletcher had been “terribly unlucky”.
As for me, actually I missed the tackle when it happened, but watching the replay I think it was a clean tackle and nothing was wrong about it at all. I think, as we can see, the ball has moved in a different direction, away from Cesc Fabregas, and I also think that Fletcher won the ball too. So yeah, I don’t think he deserved it but that’s the game and as you know the team can not appeal the referee’s decisions in European games so I guess we just have to deal with it, right?
Rooney, my man, admitted to reporters when he was doing the interview after the game that the mood in dressing room after the final whistle had been affected by Fletcher's dismissal. I can believe that since in last night’s game and in all of the big games for the last few years, the Scot man was always been a key player for the team. Losing him on the final would hurt the team badly, even though I am sure Sir Alex will figure something out to cover this, but of course the team won’t be the same without him. And to miss a big game such a Champions League final is a heart breaking for any player, so yeah, am happy that my team is about one step away from the trophy but my heart is with Fletcher at the moment.
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment