Saturday, May 9, 2009

Drive It Like You Stole It

Yeah, that was what my dad said to me after he taught me how to drive when I was only thirteen years old. It didn’t go well since I crashed the car just about a few hundred meters away from my house on the way home, but yeah, that words stay in the back of my mind for a very long time. And I do believe that somehow I have this talent of driving a car from my dad’s side of blood. Well, I have to admitted to you guys that I do drive quite fast for girl’s standard. And when am behind a wheel, I feel like am in control and loving every minute of it. Even when am stuck in the traffic, I enjoy it as long as am with my beemers. I sometime even took a long way to go to work just so I can drive my car a little bit more. Yeah, am a geek.
But you know what irritated me the most when am driving? It’s someone who drives her or his car like ten kmph and took the inside lane. Who taught them to drive, by the way? Don’t they know that inside lane is a fast lane? Seriously, people like that should not allowed on the street because they can caused accidents sooner or later. And what about those who answer their phone without any hands-free kit and sometime they even doing a text messaging while they drive? So irresponsible and dangerous! Well, have to admitted, though, that that is the way of people live here, so yeah, I sometime tolerated it but when they doing that and stay on the inside lane deliberately so they caused a traffic jam but refused to move over, that is so annoying and yeah, it makes me swear like a drunk truck driver. Hate it!
The best time to drive, I think, is at late night when the road is pretty much empty. But the problem is I only drive late whenever I came home for a night out which probably the best time for me to drive because for some reason the alcohol kind of relax you. I don’t know about you guys, but after a couple of drinks, I always thought that I drive pretty well. I can hit 150 kmph and drive from Kuta area in Bali to my house which probably like ten kilometers for only six minutes which quite fast considering Bali’s small road. So yeah, I enjoy it so much, but since last December after a dear friend of mine got into a serious accident and smashed her car badly when she drive under the influence, I was kind of getting easy on that matter now. Am not that brave after all. But yeah, I still love driving though. If some people said that shopping and eating are stress released, as for me, driving is. Well, shopping too, for sure, since am a normal girl like others, but driving is my number one’s. So yeah, I admitted it that I have an addiction and it’s driving my beemers. And of course, as my dad taught me, whenever I’m behind a wheel then I am in control, and yeah, fasten your seatbelt guys…‘cause I drive it like I stole it!
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment