Friday, May 15, 2009

The Olsen Twins Phenomenon

When I was a young girl like when I was thirteen years old, I was always wanted to be an adult and treated as an adult. I started read teenage magazines and even sometimes women’s one like the one that my mom always bought for herself. I was always dressed up like an adult so that people would take me more seriously. I still remember back then my fashion icon was like Demi Moore who was in her twenties at that time, but somehow, I want to be like her because she seemed so mature to me and yeah, I was always copied her styles.
Then when I was in my twenties, somehow the trend of fashion was like back to sixties or seventies, or something like that. And for the same reason, out of nowhere, Audrey Hepburn was became an icon again. It’s either her for civilized people or Janis Joplin with her hippies style for revolutionist. So yeah, since I wasn’t too keen on dirty hippies look, then of course, I preferred to followed Audrey Hepburn’s steps in fashion. I even had a pin-up t-shirt of her back then, hah!
When I was in my twenties, I thought that people in their thirties are old. I was even afraid to reach that state at some points. But surprisingly, now that am in my early thirties and I feel the same like when I was in my twenties. Not much change here, in fact, my man even said that I was more like thirteen going on thirty kind of girl. So yeah, for the same reasons, maybe, my fashion icon at the moment are like the Olsen Twins, Mischa Barton, or even Lindsay Lohan…euw! What is going on here? It’s not that something that I made up, but yeah, it happens to me. I don’t understand myself and asked the same question over and over again. I was like, is there anything wrong with me? Or that’s just a normal thing happens to normal people? I don’t want people to think of me as I was tried to hide my age, but I just don’t like to dressed up like a mature type of person anymore. Suddenly my style is getting younger while my age is getting older. Do I need help? But I like my style at the moment and I don’t want to change myself to become someone else but me. I love myself just the way she is. Hope this is not one of those ’middle age crisis’ symptoms, because am not that old yet, aren’t I?
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment