Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Nice Vs. Good Looking

Here is the thing guys, if someone ask you about somebody’s look and you know for sure that he or she is in fact an ugly sod, what will your answer for that question? My friend’s friend has a new boyfriend and he definitely is not a good looking guy, so when we asked whether her friend’s new boyfriend is a good looking guy or not, she was like, “He’s a nice guy.” My other friend was like, okay…I know exactly what that means, nice is the opposite word of good looking, right? I was like, huh?
Yeah, my friend then explained it to me that for some reasons, people doesn’t say ugly as the opposite of good looking, but nice. Maybe for a polite reason? I don’t know. But I just don’t get it, if ugly is not a good word to say, then why bother invented the word? Why there is even a word of it then? I don’t think God will be angry if we said that word to describe his creature, does He? If someone if indeed not a good looking one, then should we lie by saying that he or she is nice? What if they are not a good looking ones nor nice? Can we still say that they are nice?
Hmm, let me tell you a funny story about a guy who approached me a couple of months ago. Every time we talk he always mention about how nice I am. He was like, you are a very nice girl…bla bla bla. I was like, no I am not. Then I told him that I would prefer if he said that I am a good girl or something like rather than nice. He was like, why? I then like, because nice is the opposite word of good looking. He was like, huh? I was like, duh!!!
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment