Friday, April 24, 2009

Blackberry Mania

What is the second biggest thing after Facebook phenomenon? The answer is, of course, Blackberry! I can not believe how addicted this thing is for everybody. I went to a lunch with my best friend yesterday and as soon as we sat on the restaurant, both of us got our Blackberry out and ended up not talking to each other at all. Even when the food came, still, we were drown our head down in to our Blackberries. What a good friends we are! Hah!
My dear best friend didn’t have a Blackberry until last month. And let me tell you a funny story about how did she ended up with this cute little thing. We were in our shops that time, it was like one and a half months ago, when one of our other girlfriend came while she was sitting down right in front of her Macbook doing what we called the first biggest phenomenon at the moment, yup...Facebook. Seeing her doing that, my other girlfriend was like, OMG…you still using laptop? Where is your Blackberry?
Of course, my dear friend was a little bit annoyed because of that. Not to mention since I got mine three months ago, I was like constantly telling her how good and handling this thing was. She was probably had enough of it then decided to switch her mobile which she just bought a few months ago to a Blackberry. What an influence, eh? I hope her husband, who bought her the last mobile she got for Christmas, didn’t hate me for this. But yeah, I was so happy that she was finally became one of the Autistic Club members. Did I tell you that how we call people who owns Blackberry? Yeah, because as soon as you got one, your world is finish and you became one of those people who doesn’t care about anything around you, yeah, just like an autistic person. But what can I say? This thing is so awesome!
A couple days ago, my hairstylist in Jakarta finally got one too after we tried to pursuit him for quite sometime. You know what he said when we asked why he decided to get one eventually? He said he was tired and fed up with people asking him for his Blackberry’s PIN number while he was actually haven’t got any. And he was fed up with people looked at him as he was an alien from a different planet whenever he used his basic mobile phone to make a call or browsed the internet. Hah! So yeah, of course, the first message we sent him a couple days ago was like, welcome to the Autistic World, baby!
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment