Sunday, April 5, 2009

Is It The Driver Or Is It The Car?

Did you guys watched the Australian Grand Prix (yeah, of course am talking about Formula One, what else?) a couple of weeks ago? What a big surprised that Jenson Button finally got his first position on the race and the qualification. I am so happy for him since he is indeed my second favorite driver after Juan Pablo Montoya, so that’s mean that he is the only driver that I wish to win the races since Montoya left the Grand Prix sometimes before. So yeah, I am so thrilled about his winning last time and even more thrilled when I found out that he was also won the pole position on Malaysian Grand Prix today, but as a fan of Formula One, one question pop up in my mind. If Button, who was never been in any pole position for quite a while then suddenly became a champion, was it because of his driving skills were improved or because of something else? The car, maybe? Oh yeah, did I mention that Button was in Honda Team before together with Rubens Barrichello. But started on the beginning of this season, Ross Brawn who used to be the brain of Ferrari Team, joined the team and used Mercedes engine for their cars so that the team now calls Brawn Mercedes.
Back to the race, I used to think that the race is all about the driver because they are in fact control the situation. I think many people thought the same and we sometime forget about the brain behind the race itself, which is the manager of the team who is control everything behind the scene. So yeah, as much as I love Button, but I think his driving skills were still the same. I mean, he is indeed a good driver but the whole team should took more credit of his winning, specially Brawn. He is a very brilliant man of the machine. And I am not joking, remember how good he was with Ferrari last time? Thanks God, he left. Yeah, I don’t really like Ferrari, well, it’s not like what you guys thinking. I just don’t like a particular retired F1 driver who is so connected with the team, and yeah, he is a German guy! Do you want me to mention his name? Okay then, Michael Schumacher, there you go! Hey, I told you that I am a big fan of Montoya, aren’t I? I have to hate Schumacher for that, hah!
So yeah, it is about the combination of the elements in the team itself that make the victory. Good driver, good technicians, good manager, and good luck. Those are the combination that I think for this season owns by Brawn Mercedes team. Go Brawn..! Go Button..!
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment