Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Chronicle Of Fasting Month

Yesterday was the first day of holy month Ramadhan. Every Muslim around the globe has to do this thing called fast where you were not allowed to eat, drink, and doing such things related with passion start from sunrise and finish at sunset. Actually, it wasn't as bad as it looks if you think of it, specially if you doing it for years now so your bodies were kind of adjusted themselves, but of course, first couple of days were always the toughest ones.
The other night before went to bed, I prayed a bit longer than usual and asked God to help me with the process of adjusting myself with this fasting thingy. Yeah, I was always do such things as I do rely everything in life on prays. Every single thing. So yesterday morning, while having my early breakfast at 3.30 AM (man, can you believe it?) I forced myself to eat a bit, and oh..you don't know how hard it was. I mean, to have something to eat while your eyes barely open? Tough. Specially if you do it alone like me as I was the only one who fast in my house, so yeah..the only company I've got were my lovely twins Cheech and Chong. Thanks God for them. So yeah, yesterday went quite well as I didn't even realize that I was actually fasting until late in the afternoon when I was so thirsty and just about to grabbed a glass of water then realised that I wasn't allowed drink any. Sigh! But overall, apart from being a bit dizzy and weak, first day was alright for me.
So here I am on my second day of fast. Big problem was that I overslept last night and almost missed my early breakfast, woke up only to found out that I only got time to drink water, that's it. Quickly grabbed my big mug and filled it with water, said my pray, then drank it. Gosh, I didn't even have time to get any biscuit or cracker in the fridge, poor me. Since nothing else could I do, so I went back to sleep as it was still pretty much early in the morning, but couldn't get a good night sleep at all. I think my body started to confused itself about this mess up time arranging for food and sleep. Oh no, I just realised that my last heavy food was at 8.30 PM last night, so that means that today I have to survive only a little bit less than 24 hours without food. OMG, hope my fragile little body can handle that. Well, to be honest with you, actually food doesn't really bother me, but water? Man, that's really crucial for me and most of other people. Specially for those who live in tropical island such as Bali with a high level of humidity, really is a torture.
I know, many of you who were taking things like these very serious would say that am not supposed to complain about it as we were supposed to feel what the needy people deal with everyday. Well then, my question was, don't they, the needy people, complain sometime? I mean, when you were hungry or thirsty and said it out loud, does that mean that you were complaining? Hmm..I don't think so. Or maybe we all just simply need an adjustment on how we define the word 'complain'. Hah!
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment