Monday, April 11, 2011

Marry Me...Not!

Alright, this is not what you were thinking it is. A couple of weeks ago, one of the blue collar comedians, Ron White, said in his Facebook status that, "The best thing in married life is that you are never come home to an empty house. The worst thing is you are never come home to an empty house." First my reaction was laughed, of course, as I treat that as a joke from a great comedian of the time. But, after a while I was like, "Wait a minute. That wasn't a joke. That was the truth, a bitterly truth about marriage life."Okay, please don't jump into any conclusion just yet as I was never ever against marriage life. The thing is just that I was never see marriage as something necessary. I, as an ultimate selfish person, found that marriage means extra baggage which for me is something hard to be tolerated. Oh well, unless if I can find a super duper patient guy who will be delightful to put my demands above everything else, then yeah maybe we can talk here. But that was so gay material and for sure I wasn't planned to marry one. Ha!Okay, seriously now, when I read Mr. White's status, I was like, "Hallelujah brother!" I mean, let face it. As an ignorant and larger than life selfish girl, it was hard for me to share. I don't share anything in life and it was always about me, myself, and I no matter what. My ex knew this for real. So yeah, with all of the responsibilities and stuffs, marriage life was kind of scared me. No, am not afraid of commitment as I was always had long term relationships in the past. The only thing is that am a very simple girl which avoid complication whatsoever. So yeah, am a kind of girl who just pack her bag and walk away when a relationship ended. Simple indeed. And I don't really buy any commitment on a piece of paper. But as an easterner, I was completely aware that the thing like this was crucial in our traditional life. Speaking of witch, I can see the image of my oldies right in front of me now nagging about my future marriage plan. Dreadful!Brought this thing up, I can not ignore the conversation I had once with my ex-colleagues when she talked to me about how stressful and desperate she was on waiting for someone competent in any ways to ask for her hand and marry her. In an effort to comforted her, I told her my opinion about this sort of thing. Did I succeed? Nah. Was a total screwed up, to be honest with you. Turned out that she was a conventional girl who believes that marriage life is supposed to be written in our destiny. Funny thing was when she tried to remind me to take my words back as God probably heard what I said and will treat them as a pray then make it true. Ha!Come on, don't be that serious here. I mean, I was just trying to say what I thought about marriage life was. Nothing serious and definitely has nothing to do with God. Not that am afraid if God will probably do what my friend said that He's going to do, but I really didn't think about it in that kind of way whatsoever. My point is, as a super selfish type of person, I love to come home to an empty house where nobody bother my business and I can do whatever I want to do without asking anyone's opinion. I love being alone therefore I don't treat marriage as a destination but just a choice. And as a free human being, everyone free to choose whatever they want in life, being marriage or not. As for Ron White's quote about marriage life, he was totally right actually. Coming home to an empty house can be treated as a benefit as much as a loss. And vice verse, being marriage which means that you are never come home to an empty house can be treated as something good or bad at a same time. It all depends on what do you want in life and what your perspectives are. What's good for you can be good or bad for everyone else. But it doesn't mean that you were right and everyone else was wrong. For me, there's nothing right or wrong about the choice you've made in life. Everything has gazillion different perspectives, so just relax and do what you think is right for you. After all, no one knows what's best for you apart from yourself. And just because you were marriage doesn't mean that you have no right to demand your own space anymore. Once in a while, you do need an empty house to come home to, don't you think so?

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment