Sunday, November 8, 2009

Two Lovers

Nope, if you guys are asking me whether this blog was about Joaquin Phoenix and Gwyneth Paltrow’s new movie with a same title, whether am going to write down my critics toward the movie, then the answer is no. But, the inspiration actually did come from the film that I was just watched this morning on my car stereo on my way to work. Before I tell you the whole things, I would like to tell you a funny story first. When I just about write down my thoughts about this topic, I googled the words ‘two lovers’ first to get an image to complete my write, and guess what…every image that I could find was content an image of a guy with two girls. What did that tell you? Yeah, I guess when we start a conversation about an unfaithful relationship, everyone will assumed that it was about men. Or, maybe for some reasons that I don’t know, our community will tolerate it if it was doing by a man. Funny in sarcastic way, I think.
So yeah, of course am not going to talk about a man who cheat on his partner here, that was way too common. In the opposite way, yes of course, am going to talk about the thing that am good in it: women, hah! Here is the thing, at a pool party in my house last weekend, a dear friend of mine who is happily married asked me about polyandry thing. For sure, I was like shocked that she asked me that question but still managed explaining to her that it was against any religion and law. Then she was like telling me a story that shocked me even more, that she is in love with someone else outside her marriage. And am talking about a girl who is way from the description of cheating type of person, by far! Wow!
First I was like didn’t know what to say, but when my common sense started taking control, then I could think properly and looked at this situation from a different point of view. No, am not going to justify anything here just because she’s my friend, or because she is a woman, or whatever. NO. But what am going to tell you is that who are we to judge? So yeah, am not going to label her as a bad person for falling in love with another man, never. Even if I aware that the fact that she is a marriage woman, but does that erased her right to fall in love again? When you (women) made that decision to move a step forward by getting marriage, does that mean that your life ended there? Does that make you (women) a bad person if in the middle of your perfect marriage, you’ve got this doubt felling that your partner was maybe not the one for you? Was that wrong if your heart started questioning if the other guy might be the one? And was that wrong for you (women) if you want to keep both relationships as those make you feel fulfill at the moment? A dear friend of mine once said that there is no such a bad person and am totally agree with him, because every each individual has his or her own situation. And as an outsider, no one is capable to tell what is right and what is wrong for them apart from themselves. And yeah, sometime we probably mistaken love with passion, sometime we were probably only bored of our routine with our partners then see something out there was more tempting. Sometime we were just made a stupid mistake in decision and choose to be with someone else over a temptation, but hey…that was so human, right? You can call it temptation, or passion, or lust, or anything. But for me, I call it ‘mitigating circumstances’. And if we can tolerate it when it was doing by men, why don’t we started tolerating it for women too? It’s not that hard, is it?
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment