Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Reality Bites

A guy that I’ve just knew recently asked me one time whether if I am a materialistic type of person or not. Seriously guys, how do you answer that question? It’s not a tough question at all, for sure. And I knew the answer back then at the time that he asked me, oh yeah I did. But as I just met him, and of course, wanted to make a good impression, I will not willingly admitted it to him that I am in fact a materialistic type of person. Hey, I am a normal girl at some points, you know? Hah!
So yeah, at that time I was tried to avoided the question by asking him how do you tell someone whether you are a materialistic person or not. And he was like, if you love things and it’s all about the money, and all of those things that you can buy with it, so that means that you are. I was like, wait a minute here…of course I love things and money, well...who doesn’t? Does that make me a materialistic?
This thing kind of remind me of my conversation with my dear friend who had to deal with the situation where the girl that he loves chose to be with other guy not because of she doesn’t love him, but more like because of what the other guy could provide her which he couldn’t. He was like, if she really loves me like what she always said, why can’t she just hold my hand and face everything up together with me? I was like, yeah right…welcome to the real world, brother! Guess his momma failed to tell him about how does the reality look lie and it's not perfect all the time. I am so sorry my friend, but we are talking about the fact here. I also remember when a friend of mine who has a hunk husband with a very good financial track record, once had been approached by a guy who is not so bad but way bellow her hubby in every aspect. One night when the guy showed up with a BMW Z4 that belongs to his boss, my friend was like, supposed this car is yours then of course I will be yours too. I knew that she said that as a joke at that time, but knowing her…yeah, it could be the truth though.
So guys, the right question is actually not whether you are a materialistic type of person or not but whether you do it for a right reason or not. Oh no, am not trying to justify myself here, because I don’t think that I need to. Many girls are with me, indeed. I mean, come on…if there are two guys approaching you at the same time, one is a hunk with no money and the other one is a not so bad looking guy but loaded, who are you going to pick? Exactly, you might adore the first guy but you are going to chose the second guy…for sure! The thing is, love can not put food on the table, love can not pay your tuition nor your bills, not to mention those extra spending that you do all the time. And yeah, surely our loves don’t cost a thing…but that doesn’t mean that we will always put love on the top of everything…get real! Well, maybe some of us who are plain naive will, but most of us won’t. So yeah, of course we love you, guys…but guess what? Reality does bite…big time. Ouch! So much for your living in love happily ever after thing!
^_^

À 'Anggi' un nouveau guy que j'ai rencontré récemment, grâce à l'inspiration..

No comments:

Post a Comment