Thursday, September 10, 2009

9/11

For most of people in the whole wide world, September 11th means something devastated as that date reminds us of a humongous tragedy that change almost every aspect of our life. That the date when America been attacked by some groups so called terrorists, whoever they are. But for me, that date simply just the date when I have to make a phone call to my mom as it is actually her birthday date. So yeah, while people in the States grieving by losing their love ones, my family having a celebration, isn’t it contradictory? That is why even if this blog’s title is 9/11, I am not going to talk about that tragedy here. I think we have enough people discussed about that already and I am not capable to talk about it. This blog is simply about a birthday wishes from a daughter to her mother. From me to my mom.
As I said before, my mom is the coolest mother in the world and I am not lie about this. Even on her elderly world she is still an active woman and I don’t think there is anything in the world slowing her down, that is why she is my hero. Yeah, she is my inspiration. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to be the exact same woman with my mom because we are totally different individuals. I am a laid back person who never running out of time. In the other hand, my mom is a busy woman who always running out of time. I still remember when we were kids, we had three nannies, one for each. Oh no, not because of we were rich, because we didn’t, but mostly because of my mom was very busy so that she could not watched us every day.
When I was a teenager I never felt close with my mom, I guess because of we never spent time together. I still remember when I was four years old, I felt down of my bed and my nanny went to my mom’s office to told her. But because she was in the middle of a meeting, she sent my nanny back home and convinced her that I was okay. My nanny, who adored me too much, couldn’t take it. She kept on saying how my mom does not love me, how it would be a different case if it happened to my sister, and yeah, I over heard that then started to cry and never stop for a very long time that made me run out of energy and collapsed. Hey, come on…what else could a four years old girl do in this situation? I had to stay in a hospital for a week because of that and when I was in hospital, I never even want my mom by my side. At all. I only wanted my nanny. And of course, it was broke my mom’s heart so badly, I knew that for sure.
So maybe, subconsciously I still have this memory at the back of my head that makes me find it is so difficult to feel close with my mom. But as a daughter, I do proud of her and all of her achievement these whole times and I do want her to know that. I also want her to be proud of me too, even though based on her standard it is going to be a very difficult things to get. Since I am a kind of girl who never shows my feeling to anyone, it is hard for me just to tell her that now that am fully grown up, I do understand completely that at that time she was forced to made the decision that she’d probably regretted, and that now I am okay with that, and I don’t blame her for that, and that I love her, and much more things. So, here it is;
Dear mom,
Today is your birthday and I have nothing to give you as a present but my love and my pray. I want you to know that I love you and I adore you. You are my ultimate superhero and I am proud of you, proud to be your daughter. I wish I could tell you all of these face to face but I couldn’t as you know that I am not good in oral. I am a daughter who looks up to you as a mother, a wife, a teacher, a motivator, a mentor, a best friend, a shrink, a financial adviser, a cook, and God knows what else.
Dear mom,
Today is your birthday and I want you to know that you are always be in my pray, my breath, my foot step, my thoughts, my blood, my everything. You are my role model even if I don’t want to be you because I am who I am and you are who you are. As George Bernard Shaw said that “Life is not about finding yourself but it’s about creating yourself”, so I thank you for making me created who I am now but the most important thing is I thank you for all the things that am not. I’ve learnt so many from you and so that I love you. I wish I could love my children someday just like how you love us, unconditionally. Happy birthday from a distance and hope to see you in this holiday coming.
Love,
Your daughter
^_^
Grâce à mon cher 'Anggi' pour la citer..

No comments:

Post a Comment