Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Father!

Dear father,
Today is your birthday and I don’t even know what to give you. I realize how I don’t really know anything about you. I spoke to you on the phone a couple days ago, but that was only a formal conversation. We never even share any joke or laugh together. Your military background makes me a little bit uncomfortable to show you any emotion, since you never did it. You seemed like a cool or even cold person. You never kiss us good night, good morning, or congratulate us when we won anything. Everyone said that you are a very good person, but for me you are just my dad. A person who I should respect and obey. The only childhood memory that I remember about us was when you taught me how to drive a car and on our way home you let me drove and I crashed the car. That was almost twenty years ago but it still stays in my head just like it was on yesterday. Your hectic schedule made us met rarely. And even on holiday you prefer going hunting with your friends rather than stayed at home or went picnic with us. All I know that you are a quiet man. When you spent Idul Fitri holiday in my house last time, even then I could not spoke to you comfortably. I felt like there is a wall between us and I never even try to climb it just to come to you. Never. I don’t know why, but one thing for sure that none of us ever tried. We both feel happy with this condition, so be it.
Well father,
Today is your birthday but I don’t know how to show you how much I love you. I adore you as a man, as a father, as a husband, and as a human being. A lot of people look up to you, so do us, your children. I am very proud of you and I hope that you are proud of me too. So, good morning father. And happy birthday to you!
Bali, March 3rd 2009
To My Beloved Father
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment