Tuesday, March 31, 2009

April Fool’s Day

Do you believe in April Fool’s day? I wasn’t, until last year. Let me tell you why, last year I went to Jakarta right at the end on month of March for some business trip and supposed to come back to Bali on April 1st which was an April Fool’s day. I never thought of that at all in my mind. In fact, I never believe in the day and thought that it was only a joke. Yeah, me and my skeptical way of think.
So yeah, I was in Jakarta for some business but the people that I should met turned out got some serious problem with his heart and had to stay in the hospital so that our business meeting was canceled. I went to my Securities Company instead, well, at least I could maintain my shares while I was there, right? Wrong. Here is the thing, I went to the Stock Exchange Building to meet my broker and I did but at the same time the computer system in the building went bonkers so there wasn’t any chance for me to check on any of my shares. Bollocks!
So the next day, which was April 1st, I went back to Bali empty handed. At the airport I had this feeling that something was not right. I felt like something is going to happened but yeah, I was kind of ignored it since I didn’t believe on the day after all. Get in to the plane, everything went very well, until the stewardess started to checked on the passengers and noticed that there was an old, weak, and sick old man sat on the emergency exit seat. According to flight regulations this thing not supposed to happened. For some reasons, some stupid people in the check in counter let it happened. What an idiot!
Then of course, the stewardess asked him to moved so the plane could take off. But yeah, typical old people who think that he is okay and you know, when you reached a certain age period you would back to act like a little kid again. And that was what happened with him too, he refused to moved so that the plane stuck in the airport because obviously we can not fly until the situation clear. Regulations, remember? The daughters of the old man tried their best to pursuit their father to moved but couldn’t do any better. They even asked all of the passengers to helped them by leaving the plane and pretended that our plane was broken so that we had to change the plane just to make him get up of his seat, but nah, he didn’t move a muscle. So here we were, stranded in the waiting room at the airport, waiting for him to got out of the plane. And guess how long it took? A solid two and a half hours! What a silly joke for April Fool’s Day! And did I mention that the day was Tuesday? Indonesian believes in this superstitious thing about Tuesday as the bad luck day. That’s why most of Indonesian don’t do any business deal or travel journey on Tuesday. Heaven forbid!
So guys, it’s totally up to you to believe or not to on this thing, but anyway Happy April Fool’s Day everyone!
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment