Sunday, October 11, 2009

Facebook Bloopers

After joined the Facebook, a so called ‘friendship network’, I realized one thing…that some people who doesn’t know how to deal with this site often using it inappropriately. So yeah, many of them made some stupid mistakes and ended up in trouble. A friend of mine who had planning his boyfriend surprised birthday party last week made her status on Facebook telling everyone that she was doing it. And yeah, her boyfriend is also in the Facebook! I know…that what was I thought so too, how stupid could it be? How big that she thought the chance for her boyfriend not to check on her page just to find out about it? But that was nothing compare to a guy name Kevin something who lives in London, this one I got from splatter mail telling a story about the guy who skipped work one day, told his boss that he had a family emergency that forced him to flew to New York that day. But funny thing is, the next day his picture showed up in his Facebook with him wearing a costume in one of those Halloween party that night somewhere in town! What an idiot! Now it’s not just that he had to deal with his boss who fired him in public using his Facebook page, but he also had to deal with the humiliation about those tutu skirt and make-up that he had in the picture, hah!
But yeah, that was absolutely nothing at all compare to this story I am going to tell you. Yup, you guys are right if you think that am saving the best for last. This one is about a forty something years old woman name Tracy something who filled in her relationship status column on her Facebook said that she’s engaged. I don’t know for sure if this is a real thing or a fake thing, but, it was just proofed me more about how older people should be careful with this digital technology thing. I mean, they aren’t ready for the digital information overload that is our lives. They have difficulty distinguishing between what is public and what is private when it comes to the Internet. So the information they throw out there often gets filtered incorrectly and they unknowingly make their private life too public. They’re unaware how to adjust privacy settings and gain control of what information is displayed and who gets privilege to that info. To them, nothing is black and white. It’s all gray and fuzzy. And that is where the problem lies! If you don’t know the ins and outs of Facebook and or Twitter, and their other web friends, DO NOT USE THEM! When it comes to social networking sites, what you don't know can hurt you. So yeah, say no more but just read this page above and please tell me how should I reacted to this? LOL?
If she hasn't been laid in months, something tells me this Michael she's conversing with (and pounding her like a lion) isn’t her fiancé. Dirty girl! Am so sorry Tracy, but am with Jeff in this case…yeah, I would probably said ’nice’ too in my comment, only for me, it would be ’niiiiiiiiiiiiice’, hah! And yeah, I would probably play dumb as well by not immediately answer her question and telling her how to delete those wall posting. Definitely, I would let it there for…yeah, at least one night, just to see others’ reaction on it. Maybe that’s mean, but something like this is too priceless not to bask in for a while. However, the moral of the story here is a simple one. If you don’t know how to properly/fully use something, don’t use it. Now if you still want to use something, but don’t know how to properly/fully use it, LEARN. Or if you're Tracy, you'll eventually learn, the hard way though.
Call me a snob, but I liked it better when Facebook was only open to those who had a college or university e-mail address. Ah yes, those were the good old days when your Mom couldn’t friend you and stalk you on Facebook! The good old days when I wasn’t subjected to oldies men sending me messages on Facebook thinking this was the new Match.com or eHarmony. It’s Facebook. It’s a social networking site, NOT a dating site! There is nothing on my Facebook page that says I’m looking for a guy who are old enough to be my father or that I’m searching for a man whose kids I have more in common with than him. I’m sorry and I don’t mean to be a b*tch, but I’m just not interested. Now when it comes to Tracy, I'm pity her for not having a knowledge about the website but still insisted to use it.
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment