Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pay It Forward (An Open Letter For Everyone Who Cares)

On my way to work today, there was a quite healthy and strong woman carried a baby begged on the traffic lights. Seeing her with an infant like that was kind of annoying, so yeah, I gave her money. Not a lot, just like a penny, but that was caused a strong comment from my dear friend who is against beggar on traffic light or anywhere else. Specially for someone like the woman who looked like can do anything to make money if only she wants it. But, for some reasons, she chose to beg.
Well, here is the thing, my dear friend…when it comes to helping people, I do believe that the number one point is our intentions. If we want to help, no matter what, just do it. Skeptically, my friend said that all of the beggars on the street were liars. They are not a real beggar, but organized by some people who used them as a money maker. So what? Don’t you think that that is not even your problem? For me, when I helped someone, I don’t really care if they fooled me by not using those money appropriately. I never do. As for me, when I helped, that was my decision to helped and my business end up right there. After that, I don’t really care. If they fooled me then it becomes their problems with their God, not mine.
My other dear good friend, once suggested me to quit my voluntary job at the Foundation I volunteer, as he said that most of the foundations in Indonesia are liars and fool people who help them to help others while they were actually just used those things to make money for themselves. Well, my beloved friend, allow me to disappointed you by ignoring your suggestion. When I decided to joined the foundation, my intention was to helping others which I believe I did, I still do. And to be honest with you, I couldn’t care more whether this thing was indeed fact or not. As I said, my intention was to help, end of story. And I do believe in the phrase “Pay It Forward”. So yeah, if you do something good for others then you will receive something good back as a result. Trust me! And it doesn’t matter if people you helped was using you, just keep on helping. Because only God knows what your intention is and that is the main thing, the deal between you and your God. Don’t ever think about what if you have been using by everyone you helped. Because there is no such thing. When you helped others, your business ended up when you did it, outside of those were not yours, as simple as that. And with all of those privileges that we have got in life, don’t you think it is time for us to pay it forward?
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment