Thursday, July 23, 2009

Love Generation

Today is National Children’s Day in Indonesia, and as one of Indonesian who once was also a child I felt like I should do something about this. When I was a child, we didn’t have this such thing, so yeah, don’t blame me if I was a little bit more excited about today compares to others. As a child, I was literally grew up from nannies to nannies and wasn’t really that closed to my parents as both of them were working full time. That is why was I don’t really have any sort of childhood memories with my folks. And that is why I was so blessed knowing that now our country has a special day for children so that any kids now days will definitely have at least once a year memories with their parents.
Oh no, no…I wasn’t tried to complain about my childhood whatsoever because I was quite okay with it and has no regret at all. Now that am an adult myself, I do understand completely why my folks had to hired nannies at that time and I still love them no matter what. Actually, I thanked them for doing such thing to me as that was what strengthen me when I grew up. It made me a little bit cold as a kid though, but that was also built my confidence as I was always did everything by myself as a kid. So yeah, my self confidence was built by itself because of that. I don’t have any kid yet, but if I do, I will definitely doing the same thing as my parents if I was in the exact same situation with them.
So yeah, this one is for all of the children in this country, our next generation. The children who we depend our future to. We lean on your capability to build this country and make it better. We showered you with our loves so that you can grow up in a better environment. We love you and can not wait what are you going to do with this country after us. Whatever was that, I am pretty sure that it’s going to be big and brilliant as you are. You are not our children, but you are the children of the future. We don’t own you and we never expect you to follow our steps as you and us are living in completely different world. We never expect you to be like us as we do understand that the world is never moving backward. So yeah, walk my children…just walk to wherever you want to. We will watch you walk or even run. And for heaven sake, we won’t see the time that we won’t catch you when you fall. But it doesn’t mean that we will stand in your way, we won’t. Because we never want to take away your freedom. Because even if you are our children, but you are also the children of the world.
^_^
Bali, July 23rd 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment