Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Uniquely Singapore

If you ask me where is my favorite shopping place in the world, then my answer would be Singapore. Why? Simply because it was so close to my town so that I don’t need to think twice to go there as it was only like two and half hours flight to get there. And this time of year is my favorite time as the Singapore Big Sale was always started at the end of May every year. When they have a big sale, then they really having it. Not like some places in our country when they said they’re having a big sale, but the fact was they were actually put up the price first then giving us a so called discount and stupidly we were like buying it.
So yeah, Singapore Big Sale is an annual event that I was always excited to attend, duh! And trust me, I was good on picking the right stuffs to get at this event, oh yes I am. Like when I got a Jean Paul Gaultier’s signature dress which costs me only five hundred bucks deducted from the original price of a thousand bucks, and yeah, we are talking about a signature dress here! Or when I got my Laundry by Selly Siegel dress for only two hundred and fifty bucks from the original price of eight hundred. Or my Burberry’s signature skirt which I got at half price, my Armani Exchange’s Jeans, My Gucci’s long sleeves top, my Boss Woman’s top, and my Armani’s top and cashmere which I love so much because it feels so good to wear, my Calvin Klein t-shirt, and I even got a Versace’s tee for the price of only a hundred bucks (and yeah, as for Singapore Dollar that is). Not to mention my Betsy Johnson’s bag, my Burberry’s shoes, or those Salvatore Ferragamo’s shoes which I got at bargain prices that you won’t believe! So is it my fault if this year am aiming for that BCBG Max Azria’s green backless which has seventy percent discount on its tag? Yeah, when you shop at the Singapore Big Sale time, I suggested you to aim for all of those designer’s brand as you will get the prices that will make you proud of yourself. And of course, am so proud of myself, hah!
One thing I notice about Singapore was how well dressed people in here are. Most of them are casually smart dress up. You will easily find girls walk on their four inches heels on the street and still move very fast like they were born with those heels. So yeah, it’s hard to find any OZ surfers look people who wear flip flop, tanks and shorts everywhere they go like in Bali here. And honestly, I think that what makes this place is so attractive to me as I love clean look on someone. Well, I guess the atmosphere here was different, Singapore was more like a business place compare to Bali as a holiday destination. Then that’s why I love coming to Singapore for two or three days of shopping but I would probably have to think twice to live here. People here are almost like robots, specially when they walk. They were like in hurry all the time like they were chasing by the times. And everything here is follow by the rules which as an Indonesian sometime I find it too much. Like when you were on the escalator, you have to stand at the left hand side so that people who are in hurry can walk on the right hand side. Just like when you drive, right hand side is for fast driving or over taking, remember? I got used with this rule already, but sometime I find it’s ridiculous as I am a very laid back type of person so sometime I was like, why are they in such a hurry? What are they chasing? As for them, probably, try everything you lazy b*tch!
One more think that I found very unique about Singapore was a bonding between Chinese and Indian in this city is so common. Not like in Indonesia where I found it so rare for Chinese and Indian to be good friends. For some reasons, they just don’t, but here in Singapore, it was like everywhere. Not just as good friends but as lovers too, yay! And I also notice that so many people eating out here so that almost all restaurant were packed during meal time, maybe because most of them are working so they have to. Yeah, I don’t think there are too many unemployed people here as its economic level is raising like a rocket. So yeah, for me the number one shopping place in Asia is Singapore. My friends called it as my hometown since I visit this city more that my own hometown in Sumatra every year. What else can I say? Am a shopping addict?
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment