Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Rules For Fashion Confidence

Girls supposed to have their own rules on fashion and how to look good, not by any standard but themselves. One standard could be suited a person but doesn’t mean that it has to be suited others. As for me, I have my own description on what’s good and what’s not, and it doesn’t have to be follow by anyone but me. So yeah, here are my rules for fashion confidence :
1. Ban Tracksuits From Your Life
I’ve always love clothes, but my taste has completely change as I’ve got older. When I was a teenager, I was influenced by my friends, so I wore jeans and t-shirt - I was like a tomboy girl but I actually wasn’t. But one thing for sure, I was never get the idea of wearing tracksuits everywhere I go like those hip hop moguls do, I just don’t. I’ll only ever put my tracksuit on whenever I fly long distance or when I go to the gym. I never even put it on at home, not even when I got ill. Beside, you can’t wear heels with them, duh! So yeah, tracksuits are only for athletes and hip hop communities.
2. Embrace Your Skin Colour
I’ve recently started loving being this tan - it’s classy instead of the Michael Jackson’s disaster story of trying to be white - I used to be! Well, being Asian you will understand why I used to obsessed with white skin. Everyone here thought that white skin equals beauty and rich. So yeah, don’t blame me for that, it was just the way of people thinking here was kind of brainwashed mine. But living in the island such as Bali has change my way of thinking. Now, I really love my skin colour and don’t want to change anything from it. Nor that I will stay out in the sun to make it even more tan either, but I just love my skin colour whatever that is.
3. Experiment, Experiment, Experiment
I really got into fashion since I was a teenager when I started make my own designs of clothes and showed them to my friends to see their reactions, and yeah, it went very well. But it was two years ago when I started my own boutique, then I really took it seriously and then I’ve experimented a lot. I don’t mind looking a little bit quirky - so long as I still looking feminine - because that is my trade mark look which is feminine. It is important to me to try out most things so I can see and decided what’s good and what’s not, not just for me but also for my clients.
4. You’ll Know You’re In The Right Outfit If It Makes You Want To Dance
I always love the way an outfit can make you feel - it’s a form of expression and personality. I’ll often trying on different things before I go out at night with the music on and dance around my bedroom. If I really like what I wear, it’ll show on the way I dance to the music. Some people might find this ridiculous, but that’s just the way I am.
5. A New Hair Colour Opens A World Of Possibilities
I love my dark hair colour because it really embrace my skin colour very nicely. It feels like having an accessory on my head, but sometime when I got bored, I try a softer colour. But whenever you dye your hair, just be careful not to change it too far from your natural colour as it can makes you look like a clown. Once in a while you can try something eccentric just to steal the spotlight, but remember to stay in your natural colour range so that you can steal the spotlight gracefully without embarrassing yourself.
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment