Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Chain Letter

British are famous for having a sarcastic sense of humor. Unlike American, their sense of humor are more bitter and more cynical. Some people even think that British are sharp speaking people, but for me, I love British humor. So funny and this one that am going to tell you is no different.
Here is the thing, since this digital era started, with internet and mobile phones things, now we can easily connected with everyone around the globe. People are using those media to send anything nowadays. Letters, greeting cards, invitations, text messages, anything. And out of sudden this chain letter phenomenon came. Seriously guys, I receive at least ten chain letters a day in my e-mail and or mobile phones. But I have to admit it to you that none of those letters that I had forwarded. Yeah, am not so much for those (am sorry, this was a hundred percent according to my naïve opinion) stupid things, but, before I start my joke about it, let me talk about what is chain letter mean literally.
A typical chain letter consists of a message that attempts to induce the recipient to make a number of copies of the letter and then pass them on to as many recipients as possible. Common methods used in chain letters include emotionally manipulative stories, get-rich-quick pyramid schemes, and the exploitation of superstition to threaten the recipient with bad luck or even physical violence or death if he or she "breaks the chain" and refuses to adhere to the conditions set out in the letter.
In the United States, chain letters that request money or other items of value and promise a substantial return to the participants (like the infamous Make Money Fast scheme) are considered a form of gambling and therefore illegal. Other types of chain letters are viewed as a general nuisance in that frequently multiplying letters clog up the postal system and do not function as correspondence mail, but rather, a game. Some colleges and military bases have passed regulations stating that in the private mail of college students and military personnel, respectively, chain letters are not authorized and will be thrown out. However, it is often difficult to distinguish chain letters from genuine correspondence. So don’t blame me if am so not into this phenomenon whatsoever. It’s not that I don’t want to help anyone that they said needed help in those letters, I just can not trust it whether it was a real thing or not. So when someone sent me this e-mail which (I don’t know if it’s true) originally came from Billy Connolly, a British comedian, I was like, no way, I have to blog about this. It was so freaking funny! Read this e-mail bellow and don’t tell that you didn’t laugh your head off…Well, if you didn't, that means that you do not understand British humor!

Hello, my name is Billy and I suffer from guilt for not forwarding 50 billion fucking chain letters sent to me by people who actually believe, if you send them on, a poor six-year-old girl in Scotland with a breast on her forehead will be able to raise enough money to have it removed before her redneck parents sell her to a traveling freak show.

And, do you honestly believe that Bill Gates is going to give $1000 to you, and everyone to whom you send 'his' email?


How stupid are we?


Ooooh, looky here! If I scroll down this page and make a wish, I'll get laid by a super model I just happen to run into the next day!


What a bunch of utter bullshit.


Maybe the evil chain letter leprechauns will come into my house and sodomise me in my sleep for not continuing a chain letter that was started by St Peter in 5AD and brought to this country by midget pilgrim stowaways on the Endeavour.

Fuck 'em!!


If you're going to forward something, at least send me something mildly amusing. I've seen all the 'send this to 10 of your closest friends, and this poor, wretched excuse for a human being will somehow receive a nickel from some omniscient being' forwards about 90 times.

I don't fucking care.


Show a little intelligence and think about what you're actually contributing to by sending out these forwards. Chances are, it's our own unpopularity.


The point being?


If you get some chain letter that's threatening to leave you shagless or luckless for the rest of your life, delete it.
If it's funny, send it on. Don't piss people off by making them feel guilty about a leper in Botswana with no teeth who has been tied to the arse of a dead elephant for 27 years and whose only salvation is the 5 cents per letter he'll receive if you forward this email. Now forward this to everyone you know.. Otherwise, tomorrow morning your underwear will turn carnivorous and will consume your genitals.

Have a nice day.


Billy Connolly

PS. Send me 15 bucks and then fuck off
.

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment