Sunday, March 6, 2011

God Bless The Puppies

It's now been more than a year since I lost my dogs Macallan and Coco over a cruelty of some irresponsible people (read my blog : Inglorious Basterds). Talking about it still break my heart even though am pretty sure that they all are in pet heaven now playing with each other, but still, it hurts to just go back to that situation once again. For more than a year now I stayed low on dogs department as I wasn't ready to replaced Macallan (my late min-pin) just yet. Until one Monday morning, the secretary in my office came to work with this 'oh so cute' little white puppy. Two words : EN-VY!! Yeah, I was jealous like no others when I saw her with that little thing. That day, without even thinking, I asked her to take me to the owner of the puppy as she said that there were still another three puppies ready for adoption because the owner didn't really care about them.So yeah, to cut the story short, now I got a puppy! And I named him Brutus over the rival of Julius Cesar. Also because he has this black thingy around his face that kind of look like beards, so yeah..the name was also came from that baddie character in Popeye the Sailorman. Don't know why, but when it comes to name my pets, I tend to pick a baddie name, I just love it. Sounds strong and full of characters, don't you think so? So now I've got a puppy, exactly what I've been wished for. As everyone probably knew already, I have this special thing inside me when it comes to animals. Dogs, cats, horses, and even squirrels. Not so much for cold blood animals though..you know, like anything lives in the water? Or snake, crocodile, alligator, and their entire family. Then yesterday afternoon when I went shopping for Nyepi day, as usual, I tagged Brutus along with me. Yeah, FYI, I was always have him with me wherever I go as I was too scare to leave him home alone. Hey, what if over his naivety as a puppy, he accidentally get into the pool and drown? Can't take that risk so I'd prefer and feel better if I have him in my eyes all the time. And there at the supermarket, every single person adored him. I mean, who wouldn't? Unless if you're a cold bloody person who won't be touched by those sweet big brown eyes, then yeah.. Oh, did I tell you about my three weeks old baby already became a model? Yeah, two days ago when the studio in my magazine's office rented by some people who's doing a photo shoot for some fashion brand, the French designer saw and fell for Brutus then asked if he could use him for the commercial shoot. I was like, sure-sure..no problem! I mean, what's wrong with that? Besides, Brutus is a great puppy and adorable so everyone would fell for him alright. One of those people was a girl I met at the supermarket, probably my age, whose husband works for Bali Animal Welfare Association (BAWA). And when she found out that I just picked up Brutus from unwanted owner, she was like offering me if I wanted more dogs as BAWA actually has hundreds of street dogs ready for adoption. Since I don't want another pet as I don't do share so I'd prefer to have one dog for me and the dog will have one me for himself as well. Hey, what can I say..am a one man's girl..ha! But, I do interested in doing some volunteering job for them, as I said above, I do have this special thingy for animals so anything that includes them was always touched me. So yeah, we'll see..am planning to go down to Ubud where the association headquarters is on Monday and see what can I do to help them. Oh, just by thinking about it already gave me an excitement! Two words : OB-SESSED! Ha!
^_^

Welcoming my new baby Brutus..many people said that he won a lottery 'coz I picked him up but actually it was me who won that lottery by finding him.. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment